Monday, April 5, 2010

The Real Face of Jesus.

So yesterday I was sitting out on my parents porch, enjoying the oh-so-beautiful Easter day until my dad turned it on the "The Real Face of Jesus" on the History channel. Not wanting to watch, I left to play ball with the dogs in the back yard.

You see, I am so skeptical of shows about Jesus. I think oftentimes people make believe Jesus into their own story, with their own conclusions, and disregard scripture.

I talked to my dad once about the life of a believer. The conversation went much like this:

Me: So, Dad, you really have to have alotta faith to believe in something that is unseen. Stuff from a long time ago, in a book, right?
D: Yes. You do. What has you thinking about this?
Me: Oh, I don't know. I just think sometimes I am challenged to think harder and search harder about why I believe what I do.
D: Sweetheart, you know the only way to squash that wander is to read scripture...that is how God reveals himself.
Me: Oh, I know dad. I know.
D: And why wouldn't you believe in a faith that teaches you to love others. To feed the hungry, to give to the poor. To love the lepers.

SHEESH. The last sentence my dad said explains it all. WHY WOULDN'T YOU?! This faith is built on love. LOVE.

So back to the show. I came in from playing with the dogs and sat down to watch this show, unwillingly of course.

The facts were concrete. The information was legit. This group of people had taken what appeared to be the shroud of Christ, and analyzed it to see what could be the face of Christ.

The main scientist believed! HE BELIEVED IN CHRIST from his study. From the information he had gathered and the dimensional work he had done. I had chills all over my body listening to this man talk. He was a scientist. HE BELIEVED IN JESUS. (To see more pictures from the show, click here.)

And then they revealed the face of Christ (insert still scepticism) - and the face was precious. It was beautiful. The eyes were full of grace, mercy, love. He looked Mediterranean. It seemed legit. I teared up. It was absolutely amazing.

I had a moment of sweet thoughts thinking about the day that I will see him face-to-face. The moment that I am emptied from my earthly body to live in the heavenly realms. He will be full of grace and love, mercy and kindness. His eyes will capture my heart all over again. I believe with everything that is within me that one day He will come get me.

Do you? Read Luke 16:19-31. My heart breaks to think that anyone suffers like the rich young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment